NEW TESTS ON PAINTS, VARNISHES AND ALUMINIUM
The new catalogue of corrosion tests is constantly being updated in order to expand the range of opportunities offered to customers in various market sectors such as automotive, furniture, metalworking and shipbuilding. Many companies manufacture products that, depending on the application, require different qualification tests and therefore need to perform corrosion tests according to the requirements found in manufacturers’ specifications.
The changes introduced over this period are focused on the evaluation of the quantity and size of defects affecting paints and varnishes and the localized corrosion of aluminium.
The following are the main changes introduced in February 2023:
– ISO 4628-2: Assessment of degree of blistering
– ISO 4628-3: Assessment of degree of rusting
– ISO 4628-4: Assessment of degree of cracking
– ISO 4628-5: Assessment of degree of flaking
– ISO 4628-6: Assessment of degree of chalking by tape method
– ISO 4628-8: Assessment of degree of delamination and corrosion around a scribe
– ISO 8993: Anodizing of aluminium and its alloys – Rating system for the evaluation of pitting corrosion.
Is the test method you are looking for not included in the list?
MaterialScan is a professional partner specialising in material technology. Our engineers provide qualified technical and commercial support and can quickly provide all the answers on test methods, prices and timing.
Download the complete catalogue from: