NEW CORROSION TESTS ON ORGANIC COATINGS
The new catalogue of corrosion tests is constantly being updated in order to expand the range of opportunities offered to customers in various market sectors such as automotive, furniture, metalworking and shipbuilding. Many companies manufacture products that, depending on the application, require different qualification tests and therefore need to perform corrosion tests according to the requirements found in manufacturers’ specifications.
The main change introduced in this period focuses on the copper-accelerated acetic acid salt spray (ISO 9227 CASS), in which the test environment is made even harsher by the addition of copper sulfate.
The following are the main changes introduced in September 2023:
– ASTM D2247: Standard Practice for Testing Water Resistance of Coatings in 100 % Relative Humidity
– ASTM D522: Standard Test Methods for Mandrel Bend Test of Attached Organic Coatings
– ASTM D968: Standard Test Methods for Abrasion Resistance of Organic Coatings by Falling Abrasive
– DIN 55635: Paints and varnishes – Cyclic corrosion testing of coating systems on materials and components in automotive construction
– ISO 9227 CASS: Corrosion tests in artificial atmospheres – Copper-accelerated acetic acid salt spray.
Is the test method you are looking for not included in the list?
It’s not a great concern!
MaterialScan is a professional partner specialising in material technology. Our engineers provide qualified technical and commercial support and can quickly provide all the answers on test methods, prices and timing.
Download the complete catalogue from: